Accessibility Statement for The Hamster Care
This is an accessibility statement from The Hamster Care.
Measures to support accessibility
The Hamster Care takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of The Hamster Care:
- Include accessibility as part of our mission statement.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) define requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. The Hamster Care is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of The Hamster Care. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on The Hamster Care:
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
The Hamster Care is not compatible with:
- If you are using an older version of the device or browser, our website might not display properly. If your internet connection or our server is experiencing technical issues, our website might not display or load properly.
Accessibility of The Hamster Care relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browsers and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of The Hamster Care, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for The Hamster Care:
- Blog Post Articles and Landing Pages: Articles with internal and external linking with anchor text that are non-descriptive such as “click here” or “here”. because In search engine optimization, this practice was encouraged. In effort of making web browsing more accessible, this practice is now outdated.. While as of November 2021, we only have 70 published articles plus 18 pages, our team is consist of 2 people. Both of us have full-time work outside managing this blog site. We are working on changing these anchor texts with more descriptive words.
- Images: Some images on the blog articles might not have descriptive alt text or descriptions as they are used for aesthetical reasons. because We have over 400 images. All are either used for blog posts, marketing tools, and the design layout of the website.. We are working to update these images with more descriptive alt texts and descriptions.
- Website Accessibility: There are pages or parts of our website; such as fonts, colours, images, and formats that do not convert or display properly which affects that site accessibility. because Some tools, plugins, codes, etc are often not compatible with each other since they are made by different developers. We have over 10 plugins on our website.. We are currently trying to find out which pages or parts of the site are affected by these issues and find solutions.
- Available Accessibility Options: We now implemented basic options for accessibility. On the top left of your screen, you should be able to see a PWD logo. Click this logo to adjust our website according to your need. You will have choices to adjust the font size, easier to read font style, contrast adjust, dark mode, greyscale, and links underline. We are working to improve or add more.
Thank you for your understanding and patience. If you encounter any problems, contact us right away and we will do our best to fix them as soon as possible.
The Hamster Care assessed the accessibility of The Hamster Care by the following approaches:
This statement was created on 2 November 2021.